Advanced Studies Program Coordinator and International Student Administrator
The person in this position provides assistance to the Director of Advanced Studies in the oversight and administration of the Th.M. and Ph.D. programs at LSTC; provides administrative support for the Doctor of Ministry program; and oversees and administers the preparation and submission of all necessary documentation for international students at LSTC in coordination with the Office of Student Services. The position is full-time salaried with medical, dental, and retirement benefits.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists the Director in the daily operations of the Advanced Studies Office, and relates to faculty, staff, and students as a resource person on behalf of the office.
- Serve as a representative for Advanced Studies Students on Student Services Team.
- Coordinates the admissions process by preparing student files for review and communicating admissions and financial aid decisions
- Initially communicates with accepted students
- Assists in preparation and management of budget for advanced studies expenses
- Tracks and enters internal financial aid decisions made by faculty.
- Coordinate as necessary with Finance Office on student billing issues.
- Schedules and proctors examinations and colloquies.
- Monitors satisfactory academic progress for students
- Coordinate ELCA Global Missions Scholarship Program
- Assists in the planning of LSTC and consortial (DMin) orientations
- Other duties as assigned.
Doctor of Ministry Program
- Tracks applications, admissions and financial aid.
- Handles all correspondence with applicants and students.
- Serve as the Designated Signing Official (DSO) and Responsible Officer (RO) for F and J visa programs.
- Oversee and coordinate all necessary visa documentation.
- Advises all F and J visa holders on maintenance of status and benefits.
- Maintains SEVIS records.
- Keeps current with relevant immigration legislation.
The Coordinator interacts with a broad range of students and must have a high degree of intercultural competency. This position requires excellent computer skills in database management and in Microsoft Office programs, particularly Word and Excel. Exceptional communication, organizational and time management skills are essential.
Interested applicants should have a Bachelor’s degree, and familiarity with higher education processes. Comprehensive experience with government programs, especially with F and J visa programs and SEVIS reporting is preferred.
The ideal candidate will have experience working with international students and coordinating international travel, familiarity with ELCA structures, and the capacity to respond in a caring and understanding manner. LSTC is committed to diversity. Women and/or persons from historically underrepresented cultural groups are especially encouraged to apply. Review of application materials will begin April 10, 2017 and continue until the position is filled.
Please submit a letter of interest that includes: a) your reasons for applying, b) your work experience in higher education, and c) a description of your experience with government programs especially if it is with F and J visa programs, and SEVIS reporting. Please send a current resume that includes 2 work and 2 personal references. Mail or e-mail your resume and letter of application to:
Office of Operations
Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago 1100 East 55th Street
Chicago, IL 60615 email@example.com
Profile of the Seminary
The Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago forms visionary leaders to bear witness to the good news of Jesus Christ. Its students come from all parts of the United States and from around the world to study in one of six graduate degree programs. LSTC is a seminary of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America. It seeks to build up the Body of Christ and work for a world of peace and justice that cares for the whole creation. LSTC is located in the beautiful Hyde Park neighborhood of Chicago. Join our team of employees committed to serving through the ministry of our school.