Are you called into the world?
Study in the city—prepare for ministry in the world. The Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago, nestled in the eclectic neighborhood of Hyde Park, is known for its excellence in equipping visionary leaders to serve the public church. We believe the best way to prepare leaders to serve in a diverse world is to tap into the resources and relationships offered by a lively city.Learn More
Leaders of Leaders
Our superior faculty provides a sound theological education, and invites students to tackle difficult questions and tough ethical issues. LSTC values both its Lutheran heritage and its commitment to shaping forward-thinking leaders who bear the good news of Jesus Christ to the communities to which God calls them.Meet our faculty
Affordable and Accessible
Financing a seminary education can be a challenge. We’ll work with you one-on-one to tap into generous donations and partnerships with organizations and foundations to find you scholarships and grants.Learn More
Hyde Park, a popular neighborhood on Chicago’s South Side, is ethnically and economically diverse. Student housing is just across the street from the seminary, and all the perks of a large city are within blocks: shops, museums, restaurants, public transportation, and beautiful Lake Michigan. The University of Chicago, located nearby, shares its world-class library and its social and cultural life with seminary students.Learn More
- Erik Christensen chosen Brugh Emerging Leader by Institute of Liturgical Studies
- LSTC scholars among speakers, leaders at American Academy of Religion, Society of Biblical Literature meetings
- James Nieman to receive Distinguished Alumnus Award from Pacific Lutheran University
- Clyde Walter appointed LSTC’s Interim Vice President for Advancement
- January 8, 2019 Manz Organ Recital Mary Pan, organ scholar from St. James Episcopal Cathedral, performs 12:15-12:45 on the Manz Organ in the Augustana Chapel at LSTC
- January 21, 2019 Martin Luther King Jr. Day Celebration Join us in the Augustana Chapel
- February 1-2, 2019 Faith Over Fear Sponsored by A Center of Christian-Muslim Engagement for Peace and Justice and Shoulder to Shoulder Campaign at MECCA Center, Willowbrook, Ill. Click here for more info and to register.
- February 23 - 25, 2019 Spring Seminary Sampler Contact LSTC Admissions for more info