APRIL 23, 2020 UPDATE: LSTC CAMPUS RESPONSE TO COVID-19
April 23, 2020
On April 23, 2020 Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker prolonged “stay at home” instructions through May 2020 for the entire state. LSTC will continue to be in compliance with the terms of this order. The LSTC Viral Outbreak Response Team has provided the following insights and updates. Please continue to watch for updates as they become available here.
- Individuals entering the main building for essential services are now required to wear face coverings in accordance with the latest mandate by the state of Illinois. Additional protocols continue to be distributed to faculty and staff that report to the building.
- The main building continues to be open for receiving deliveries and mail pickup. Essential services continue to be provided for LSTC Housing.
- Courses continue to be delivered remotely for this semester. On Friday, April 17, faculty voted to offer all Fall 2020 classes remotely and in person, as possible. More details on this model are forthcoming.
- Commencement, originally scheduled for May 17, will not be conducted as an in-person event. Instead, select faculty, staff and students are working collaboratively with a videographer to create a meaningful virtual commencement ceremony. The ceremony will be made available May 17 on the LSTC YouTube channel, and all are invited to view on that date or after.
- Augustana Chapel staff continue to hold online worship using Zoom services. Learn more here.
- Katie’s Closet food pantry continues to operate weekly for the LSTC student community. In addition, 30 families received food at no cost from the Refectory on Monday, April 20, 2020.
- Student housing remains open and resources remain available for student support and pastoral care.
- The JKM Library, Language Resource and Writing Center, and Refectory remain closed.
Aaron Copley-Spivey Director of Human Resources 773.256.0700 firstname.lastname@example.org