Experience Seminary Life at LSTC
Join us March 4-6 with options for March 7
First year MDiv student Jacqueline Miller remembers clearly her first impression of LSTC: “The students and faculty were very welcoming and intentional about building community,” she says of her experience at Seminary Sampler, LSTC’s bi-annual program to help prospective students become familiar with the campus, community, and academic programs.
This year, Seminary Sampler will be held in-person from March 4-6, with additional options for March 7. During Seminary Sampler, prospective students will meet faculty, staff, and students, discuss options for housing and financial aid, have the opportunity to sit in on a class, and join us for dinner and worship. This year, students will also have the chance to visit our new campus location!
At the event, prospective students will get an overview of LSTC including discussions of degree programs, our curriculum, and the candidacy process. Spouses and partners are invited to attend.
You can see a sample schedule for Seminary Sampler here:
March 4 (Saturday)
- Welcome and Check-in 4:00 – 5:00 pm
- Set up with housing in guest apartments 5:00 – 5:45 pm
- Dinner 6:00 – 7:30 pm
March 5 (Sunday)
- Church options; Service at Augustana or other churches 10 am – 1:00 pm
- Lunch w/student 1:00 – 3:00 pm
- Tour Student Housing 4:00 pm
- Free time
- Dinner/Social Meet 1st Floor West 6:00 – 7:30 pm
March 6 (Monday)
- Tour new campus
- Chapel 11:15 am
- Lunch 12:00 pm
- Classroom shadow (varied times)
- Panel/Seminar with staff, students, faculty, and alumni
March 7 (Tuesday) optional day
- Optional classroom shadow (varied times)
- Chapel 11:15 am
We are pleased to have guest housing available for students who are interested. Questions? We’d love to talk with you. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Register here by February 23, 2023.